Featured Post

Tech Challenges and Solutions for Online Educational Service Businesses

The Situation As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, being a small educational service business is an uphill battle. This is, in pa...

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Have you started your ePortfolio?

What is an ePortfolio?

I decided at the beginning of the summer that I would include you all in the wrap up or end experience of my Master of Science in Online Teaching and Instructional Design. I hope that you have enjoyed my posts. As I transition now into the full re-launch of my business, Mind Over Tutors Online Academy, I would like to leave you all with a glimpse of my final project.

First, let me share with you what an ePortfolio is and is not.


This young lady did an excellent job explaining what I have discovered my ePortfolio to be. In the beginning, I was not so sure what the final product would look like.

My ePortfolio experience

Like anything else in life that is an unknown, I cautiously (procrastinated) approached completing my ePortfolio. I weighed many options, considered several platforms, started and started over, before finally settling in on Live Binders as my platform to complete my own ePortfolio. With this final course, EDU 670 (Practicum in Online Teaching and Instructional Design), I presented my plan of action using Blendspace.



For the most part, I have been able to follow my plan as written, with a few minor improvements.

How did I do?


Keep in mind that this is a live document. I share with you in this format in order to promote transparency and hopefully encourage others to approach life with as little fear of critics and criticisms as possible. We can only grow from input from others when taken in the spirit of sharing, caring, and love. I particularly want my students and mentees to take away this attribute when working with me. 

Two more days to tweak and then I submit as my final assignment. The thing is, I love the fact that this experience....this document will continue to grow, improve, and ultimate represent where I am as an Online Teacher and Instructional Designer. It also will become a major marketing tool for my business.

Start your ePortfolio today

There was a time for me when I believed that portfolios were only for creative folks such as artists, designers, etc. I now see tremendous value in ePortfolios being a tool that can represent any career or set of skills. After all, sifting through a stack of resumes is so 20th century. Image being able to give a vibrant and interactive representation of your current skill set. Why not throw in a tab that shows off your hobbies or  interest outside the work place? Having reviewed hundreds of resumes and conducting countless interviews over the years, I could really see where ePortfolios could change the landscape of job searches and hiring.

Useful articles




Some sites to try




.....and many, many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment